In SmartLockr version 4 it is possible to connect to your AzureAD. Below are the instructions to make this connection.
Before we can create a new environment, we need a few details to create the connection. These details are:
- Directory ID
- Mail address for the administrator
- The email domains that are being used
Where can I find the Azure Directory ID?
1. Logon to the Microsoft Azure environment as Administrator
2. In the Azure portal press 'Azure Active Directory'
3. Select 'Manage' > 'Properties'. The Directory ID will be displayed in the Directory ID box.
Who is the administrator for the SmartLockr environment?
When the account is created we need to provide a mailaddress. This user will receive administrator rights to the SmartLockr environment for your company.
Note: this mailaddress needs to have administrator rights within the Azure environment, this way we can create the connection with our environment.
After the account is created with the credentials mentioned aboven, the administrator for your Azure environment will receive a notification for approving the connection. The image below represents such a notifaction.
After this request has been accepted the connection with AzureAD has been created. From this point users can be created within the SmartLockr environment. There are multiple ways to create these users:
- Add by importing a CSV file
- Add users manually
- Add users from AzureAD (recommended for 500+ users)
What happens after adding these users?
After the users have been added they will receive a notification from SmartLockr. This will contain a link to our onboarding page. The users will not be prompted to create a password, since they can now log on with their Microsoft Credentials.
- If there are more users than licenses, the following applies: the order in which users are added decides which users are provided with a license to use our product.
- Users without a license will still be able to see the plugin active within Microsoft Outlook. However when the user will try to send a mail using SmartLockr they will receive a notification they don't have a valid license.